Buying a property is a significant matter for most people, even more so when it is your first home. That’s why it is so important to have a Conveyancer who understands you and can help you to achieve the best outcome.
When buying your new property it is essential that everything goes smoothly. Our depth of experience combined with our pricing advantage means that choosing us as your Conveyancing representative is an easy decision.
At Victorian Property Settlements ensure all of the activities and documents that are necessary to complete a purchase.
The following is an overview of tasks included in our standard fee that we complete once a Contract has been received by our office:
- Searching Title.
- Arranging for the preparation of the Transfer of Land.
- Sending initial letter to Purchaser informing one of many things ie. advising Purchaser to check measurements, explaining insurance requirements, explaining Purchaser’s responsibilities in relation to the connection of utilities, estimating costs of stamp duty & registration fees, confirming our costs etc.
- Preparing & sending Requisitions on Title to Vendor’s Representative if the contract allows for this.
- Ordering Certificates including:- Land Information Certificate, Water/Encumbrance Certificate, Planning Certificate, Land Tax Certificate, Roads Certificate & Body Corporate Certificate (if applicable).
- Providing a set of Contract, Transfer of Land, Search of Certificate of Title, Vendor Statement and any relevant forms to enable preparation by the Lender of Mortgage documents.
- Preparing Notice of Acquisition.
- Checking all Certificates & answers to Requisitions making sure they do not conflict with the information provided in the Vendor Statement.
- Telephoning Council, Water & Land Tax Authorities, to establish whether rates & charges have been paid or if any arrears are outstanding and requesting final reading to be read by Water Authority.
- Arranging for the preparation of a Statement of Adjustments and Settlement Statement and forwarding to Vendor’s Representative.
- Booking settlement with Vendors Representative & Lender.
- Telephoning Client advising settlement has occurred.
- Sending Notice of Acquisition to Council & Water Authorities.
- Sending final letter to Purchaser which will include a Statement of Monies Involved, enclosing copies of Statement of Adjustments & enclosing our account.
If you would like to know exactly how much your conveyancing costs will be then send us an email using our easy to complete quotation request form below or for a more personalised service please phone us.